GSOC Day 13 – Orders Begin
I polished some of yesterday’s changes today, and made a final commit of the Resource overlay update, but my primary work was to start looking at the Orders panel.
I decided that I would start my work on the Orders panel by getting it working at least for one order queue, then later I’ll update it to work with multiple queues. To do this, I had to find the places where the old code didn’t mesh with the new system of storing orders and switch those out. I wrote up a method to get order queues, and I replaced primarily those places where the panel tried to figure out whether an object could receive orders and what order types it could receive as well as the places where it tried to get the actual order queue.
This went well, and I got the panel to draw itself and show a list of possible order types to add. I got stuck, however, on the code that adds the parameters for a new order, because it seems the manner of storage of those parameters has changed. DynamicOrder objects have properties like DynamicObjects do, but they don’t seem to be exactly the same – it appears to me that it’s a different structure inside the properties list, and I’m not entirely sure yet how to parse it for the things the Orders panel wants.
I’ll look into it more tomorrow.