GSOC Weekly Update 4
This week in GSOC:
The week began with the completion and testing of multiple order queue support in the client. This required server support, which I wrestled with for a while before asking llnz to help out. Eventually, after fixing some bugs in the server and in the client, I was able to finish the order queue support.
Here’s a screenshot of it:
The rest of the week, I have been working on panelInfo. It has gone through three iterations. First, I made a function to print out text for each type of property. However, I wanted a tree-style view, with collapsible sections, so I switched to using a tree widget. Finally, upon mithro’s advice, I made a final switch to collapsible panels that are dynamically constructed and can hold anything, making them very flexible. I am still in the process of creating the different types of panels, after managing to eventually get the resizing and collapsing/expanding behaviour right.
Next week, then:
I’ll start out by finishing the panelInfo work as fully as I can, polishing it, and submitting it.
Then, I’ll look at aged properties and how to support them.
If that’s not enough to take me through the week, which it probably will be, I’ll have to find something else to do, because that’s about it for my list of goals so far… I’ll talk to mithro about that.