GSOC Week 8 Summary


This week, I’ve worked on three separate significant changes to the client. I started out by finishing up the designs window, adding a categories chooser and fixing spacing and sizing. This went well, and I was able to submit the changes for review, then push them.

Here’s a screenshot of the design window now:

Design window with better sizing and category chooser.

Design window with better sizing and category chooser.

I then re-added the object types column in the IdleFinder. Although I had originally thought object type names didn’t exist in tp04, it turned out they were held in the ObjectDesc. Not all rulesets seem to use this properly yet, but at least the client has the capability now to take advantage of it.

My final main change this week was to make use of panelPicture (which had been removed due to the new panelInfo), by popping up pictures when you mouse over objects on the starmap. This worked nicely, and it turned out to be fairly easy (once I’d worked through the various XRC issues).

Here’s how it looks:

A picture popup on hover.

A picture popup on hover.

So that’s most of what I did this week. Next week, I plan to start looking at the media cleanup (centralizing media code so it doesn’t have to be repeated as much).

Advertisements

~ by greywhind on July 15, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: