GSOC Week 9 Summary


This week was all about the media. It started with a class to centralize the client’s media downloading calls and track which files are downloading, then I added a window that shows the current downloads and how they’re doing. These, together, took most of the week, but I ended up with a reasonably nice display of downloading files that also allows canceling downloads in progress.

This wasn’t the end of it, though – not by a long shot. Mithro wants the internal libtpclient-py code that downloads files to be overhauled, adding support for multiple simultaneous downloads, checksum checking, and proper file path determination, as well as preventing any problems from multiple clients running at the same time. This is a difficult task for me, since I haven’t worked much with the libtpclient-py code or with threads in python, but I’ve gotten a start on it. I got multiple downloads to work at once, although I will need to change a bit of that code based on Mithro’s comments, and I also have almost finished getting checksums working.

Next week, it looks like I’ll be doing the rest of the above changes, and we’ll hopefully end up with some reasonably decent media code.

Advertisements

~ by greywhind on July 22, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: