GSOC Week 10 Summary


This week, I tried to finish up as much of the media stuff as possible. I updated the style of the media code significantly, removing unnecessary threading features and separating the threading out into a separate class.

I also moved the MediaLibrary code into threads.py, inside libtpclient-py. This was a good way to reduce the total number of necessary files and to keep all the relevant code in the same place.

Tracking media downloads has also been updated, so that a mix-in class does the tracking. This also centralizes code.

I spent some time this week discussing with Mithro and Llnz the various options for making multiple clients downloading the same file safe, but I decided to let someone else take care of it at another time, ultimately, because the best solution appears to be some sort of proxy server.

Also, away from media, I moved the panelPicture popup on the starmap to the corners, instead of right under your mouse. This looks much better.

Advertisements

~ by greywhind on July 29, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: